Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Where's Talking Mickey?" - Justin Poe, The Walt Disney World Critic



A while back, Disney unveiled a video of the world's first talking Mickey Mouse, and stunned everyone. However, this session with the new talking Mickey was just a test... and currently, Mickey still doesn't talk at the one-on-one character greetings. So why not??? This is amazing! Bravo Disney! ...but why aren't we seeing him? Obviously the prototype works... What's the deal?
Maybe it doesn't work as well as I think. After all, I'm only going by what I see in the videos. I'm sure there is a lot more to this complex technology then I know of... So I have no room to talk I suppose... One thing about Disney Imagineers, They take their time on projects like these and they do it right, so that it lives up to Disney standards, and I respect that and as a fan, am proud of that. Still, I would like to at least find a little information on this subject. But, alas, much like the Yeti's infamous "B mode" status, there seems to be a vast deserted space in the web where the updates should be.
If YOU have any information on Talking Mickey, Please comment and let me know!

Thanks to DisneyParks and Youtube user DoingFlorida for posting this video.

1 comment:

Mike Miller said...

Justin,
Stitch Kingdom has an article on the technology involved behind this. Do a searxh and check it out.